Simons Campus - IT
Full-time position, 37.5 hours/week
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Based at the Campus Simons, the Entreprise Architect will work in a warm, wellness-focused environment. Our Campus is more than just a place to work; it’s a place to grow.
As a member of a stimulating team working in an ever-changing environment, you will be responsible for improving the organization’s IT infrastructure, optimizing its operations and driving the integration of new systems into information programs.
You will ensure that the various technological tools and standards put in place reflect the company’s objectives.
You will also play a role in business administration and the development of organizational strategies.
You will oversee model communication and maintenance activities, as well as entreprise architecture initiatives. You will ensure that the standards implemented and the changes made to the entreprise architecture are documented, accepted and implemented.
As you will play a key role in project management, you will be required to develop technical and analytical skills, establish strong communication links, and provide leadership.
- Ensure the architectural strategy and business requirements are aligned.
- Support and participate in the development of corporate IT architecture policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Collect and analyze data and develop architectural requirements for projects, programs and portfolios.
- Consult with project teams to ensure projects are compatible with proposed business solutions, existing infrastructure and services, and strategic requirements.
- Through various methods, support the development of software and data delivery platforms with components that can be reused for other business purposes.
- Coordinate entreprise architecture implementation and modification activities.
- Contribute to post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to improve performance and operations.
- Ensure the conceptual comprehensiveness of the proposed technical solutions.
- Analyze the current entreprise architecture to identify gaps and areas for improvement.
- Ensure architecture is aligned with Simons’s business goals and objectives.
- Develop architecture design guidelines, templates and standards, and communicate them to the appropriate teams.
- Collaborate with the IT work teams in developing and evaluating technical solutions consistent with the entreprise architecture.
- Analyze technology, industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on Simons’s technology environment.
- Review the technical architecture for security, accessibility, data integrity and availability.
- Provide advice in evaluating and selecting cloud technologies, custom approaches, open source codes and the use of commercial software.
- Prepare and communicate the architectural vision, different objectives, standards, structure and patterns of behaviour to the people concerned.
- Verify architecture compliance with standards and resolve potential conflicts by explaining and justifying decisions taken.
- Minimize how new IT system integrations impact various existing processes.
- University degree, relevant technical certificate or significant work experience related to the position.
- 13-15 years of professional experience in information technology, information system operations, staff management, and large-business strategy development. Experience with retail-specific systems and technologies will be considered an asset.
- Leadership, initiative and rigour.
- Ability to analyze a problem logically, systematically and sequentially.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to easily adapt to change and evolving work methods.
- Ability to cooperate with team members and to establish and develop effective business relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French, both orally and in writing.
The position based at Campus Simons offers:
- Access to a cafeteria with full, balanced meals
- Access to the gym and on-site kinesiology services.
- Discount on your Simons purchases.
- Free parking with easy access.
Simons Campus - IT
9205 John-Simons Street
Quebec (Quebec) G2B 0S6
1-877-666-1840 ext. 1498
Area not accessible to the public
Monday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.