Director of Store Operations
CF Rideau Centre
Notice for Applicants with Disabilities
We welcome application from people with disabilities. Accommodation are available on request for candidates taking part of the selection process.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, the Director of Store Operations is a member of the management team of the store. Through your efforts, you will work to establish and maintain Simons as a fashion authority while promoting our commitment to the highest level of customer service, a tradition and privilege of our Canadian, family-owned company since 1840.
As Director of Store Operations, you oversee all store functions and activities. You will work in partnership with the Human Resources Director to co-lead your in-store management and sales teams, working toward Simons corporate objectives. Your responsibilities include the oversight of the merchandising and product management, the visual presentation of the store, scheduling, loss prevention, building maintenance and shopping center relations, and budget management.
- Train, supervise, and help the service and merchandising managers grow professionally.
- Supervise all functions and activities of the store.
- Ensure supervision of product management, store visual presentation, scheduling planning, loss prevention, building maintenance, and budget management.
- Work closely with the management team to ensure their professional development and competency.
- Optimize store operations by finding innovative working methods in all store functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and two to five years of experience in retail store management (significant asset).
- Keen interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and strong analytical skills.
- An excellent communicator showing a high degree of professionalism.
- Keen organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively while under pressure.
Able to communicate in the official language of the province of the Simons store for which the candidate is applying.
- Quebec: French
- Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia and Nova Scotia: English
- A telemedicine service and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Group insurance plan and RRSP.
- Up to 40% off Simons purchases.
- Contact your Human Resources Director to take advantage of this career opportunity.
CF Rideau Centre
50 Rideau Street, Unit Y305
Ottawa (Ontario) K1N 9J7
Monday 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Suit and shirt fittings